Don't Use Brasso On Your Blackberry

My phone is an old blackberry curve that I found used on craigslist. I’m cheap. It was in decent shape, but there was one scratch on the screen that kept bothering me. The internet said I might be able to polish it out with brasso metal polish. It wasn’t too expensive, so I ordered some and gave it a try. After polishing until my hand was cramped, the one scratch had become lost amongst a million new scratches. My eyes watered as I tried to focus on the screen through the damaged plastic. Dismayed, but still hopeful, I rested a bit and then polished some more, thinking that sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. Well, I’m still wondering if better was just around the corner, because I finally gave up.

In disappointment I went back to the internet to try and find a better answer. Namely, a new plastic screen. It took me a while to figure it out, but the correct search term is blackberry curve housing. Only $15, perfectly clear plastic, and no hand cramps. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of that brasso.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wash coins. It is so relaxing
Anonymous said…
I would've tried with toothpaste...

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained