Stack Overflow: Pretty Impressive

Every now and then I check up on what Joel has to say, and I recently discovered that this Stack Overflow website is now up and running. I tested it out this evening by asking a simple little C++ question that I was feeling too lazy to look up. The first nice thing was that I didn't have to register. After I typed my question, I only had to type in a username and email address and it just posted my question without bothering me further. Nice. Then I waited a couple minutes and hit "reload" on the page and lo and behold, three answers had already appeared. Within 5 minutes I had 4 answers. None were quite what I was looking for (not really fair that I kind of already knew the answer and was fishing at this point), so I edited my question, started typing this blog post, and then hit "reload" again and saw another answer trying harder to fit my criteria. Fast results. I'm impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained