Gallery 1 on Feisty

Another post in the continuing saga of my upgrade from Edgy to Feisty. Last time, I mentioned that my Gallery was still not working. I get this line in my apache2 error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log):

...gallery/.htaccess: Option Indexes not allowed here

To work around it, I need to go to the automatically generated .htaccess file in my gallery directory and comment out the line:

Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks

If I re-run the configuration wizard, the line comes back and things top working again. I can't figure out why Options Indexes and FollowSymlinks aren't allowed. It seems they must have been with Edgy, but I can't see what changed when looking at the RCS history of my apache configuration files (yes, I keep any configuration files that I modify under RCS on this machine. I've started using mercurial and/or bazaar for the entire /etc directory on other machines). Is it something different about the newer version of apache? Google isn't helping me hear, and a quick search of the apache docs isn't helping me either. I'm getting too tired at this point. I stayed up too late last night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained