Web Site Stats Are Fun

I hooked Google Analytics up to this blog and have had fun looking at all the stats in their different views. I was about to do the same for my little family blog that I run on my home machine, when I realized that I have all the log files right there, I shouldn't need Google's crazy javascript to figure the stats out for me. Cue awstats. I combined advice from here and here to get it set up, and it wasn't too difficult. It's cool to see where people are coming from (some friends of ours have blogs, and we didn't even know it!), and what crazy search terms people find our site with ("are fumes from rotten milk toxic?"). I know, web site stats are old news for most hardened bloggers, but I'm liking it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained