Video Game Nostalgia (Shameless Plug)

As I wrote the description for my latest ebay auction, I became awash in a wave of nostalgia. I was about 12 years old when Wing Commander came out, and I felt like quite the l33t h4x0r editing my CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT to tweak my expanded memory settings and get the most performance out my games. So much fun.

I'm actually pretty loath to sell the game, but my wife really knew how to corner me, "So it's a video game that doesn't even work on our computer? In this big old box? Do we even have a floppy disk drive anymore?"

Actually, I just had a thought. There are emulators for old arcade games, Atari, Nintendo, etc. Does anyone know of a 386 emulator that will let me play old games like this? That would be radical!

Comments

Anonymous said…
DosBox...I think.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained