Vmware Server on Ubuntu 5.10

This was originally posted on my family blog on 4/28/06. I will be slowly moving the geeky stuff from there to this blog.

I decided to try VMware Server instead of just VMware Player on my new system. Installing either seems to be a little tricky on Ubuntu. The reason is, they've worked hard to make Ubuntu installable with only one CD image, and in order to do so they've left of a lot off the developer tools. Apparently you need these to install teh vmwarez. Ubuntu users seem to take good notes, here's some help for installing vmware on Ubuntu. Worked for me.

Server is pretty slick. It looks like you can use it to create your own vmware images, install the vmware tools in an image, and do snapshots too. Very nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained