Blogger Missing Features

I discovered two missing features from blogger today. Things that shouldn't be that hard for them to do. First, if you put a future date on a post, it still shows up on your blog as soon as you click "PUBLISH," not in the future. Lame. Second, when you click "PUBLISH" it creates a permalink for the post out of the title you've entered. That's nice, except that if you realize you made a mistake and change the title, the permalink can't be changed to match. You would have to delete the post entirely and re-create it. Lame. My simple family blog that I wrote in Django made it simple to do these things with the automatic admin interface. I was hoping blogger would be a step up, and it is in a lot of ways, but I miss those features.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SystemVerilog Fork Disable "Gotchas"

'git revert' Is Not Equivalent To 'svn revert'

Git Rebase Explained